Last week I submitted my resignation after 8 years at OHSU. It’s been quite a ride: I established a pediatric ER and fellowship training program, taught many, and learned more than I taught from my students and colleagues. I’m grateful for the opportunities, and proud of what I accomplished.
I feel like I should say that the decision wasn’t easy – and it wasn’t exactly that. But it was obvious. ReelDx is exploding, and it’s time for me to turn my full attention to this mission. We’re solidifying relationships on a daily basis with partners who share our passion for the infinite ways that video can – and will – improve health care.
Imagine. Take just one videotaped patient encounter, and:
- Add it to the patient’s chart, – a perfect record of the exam, for review by the patient and the provider
- Share it with a specialist or other referral
- Submit it to colleagues and peers for input
- Embed it in evidence-based case studies, reference materials and board prep packages
- Integrate it with a med-school classroom presentation
- Show it on a handheld device during rounds
- Call it up on the smartphone that’s always in the pocket of a brand new doctor
The possibilities will be inevitabilities. This is a revolution, and I’m taking up the mantle full-time. I am so excited to connect with all of you who share my passion. Reach out to me @David_ReelDx. Let’s do this.